Prenatal Care - Denver, CO
Navigating Changes During Pregnancy
Care for Yourself to Help You and Your Baby
Pregnancy is a time of rapid change in a woman’s body. As your pregnancy progresses, you’ve surely felt changes in your body and mouth that aren’t all that pleasant. We believe there’s no need to suffer alone. In fact, our mission is to help alleviate any physical discomfort you may be experiencing. At Stamm Dental Wellness Center, we are proud to provide safe prenatal chiropractic and dental services with integrative care.
What Is A Chiropractic Adjustment Like During Pregnancy?
How to take care of your teeth during pregnancy
Trying to maintain a healthy lifestyle when you’re pregnant can feel overwhelming, but at Stamm Dental Wellness Center, our method is quite simple. When caring for your teeth, we encourage you to do what you’ve always done—regular brushing, flossing, balanced eating, and dental visits are the best thing you can do for yourself and your baby. But your body and hormones are changing, so everything may not feel status quo to you. Here are tips for when unexpected questions pop into your head.
- Use a soft small-headed, child-size toothbrush.
- Focus on your breathing.
- Brush later in the morning when we are less apt to gag.
- Don’t use toothpaste. After you’re done brushing without toothpaste, smear some on your teeth and don’t rinse.
- Attend regular check-ups to keep your mouth healthy and lessen your chance of getting gum disease.
- Brush and floss carefully to prevent plaque build-up which leads to gum disease.
- Ask your dentist about using a microbial mouthwash to reduce gum disease-causing bacteria.
- Inform your doctor of any concerns. Delay in treatment of gum disease can lead to preterm and low birth weight delivery.
- Rinse mouth with water (and sometimes a teaspoon of baking soda).
- Wait 30 minutes to brush, allowing enamel time to recover from the vomit-induced acid attack.
- Attend regular dental check-ups to keep your mouth healthy.
Prenatal Chiropractic care
At Stamm Dental Wellness Center, we place a high value on overall wellness and that includes how your spine, pelvis and posture are responding to the significant changes of pregnancy. Just as regular cleanings and dental check-ups can be a game-changer when it comes to maintaining excellent oral health during pregnancy, routine chiropractic visits with a practitioner who is familiar with the specific techniques to assess and address the unique stresses pregnancy creates can make all the difference.
Chiropractic adjustments will help your body adapt to the changes your body is going through. Are you experiencing any of the following?
As experts in muscle, joint, and bone pain management, our doctors can help provide you with natural relief from any discomfort. We use techniques that relax your nervous system, ease tension, and promote rest. Allow us to help you feel good during your pregnancy. Call us to schedule an appointment today!
Don't Neglect Your Unique Needs
Let us help.